Our Internal Medicine Residency Program is dedicated to teaching you to deliver top-notch care while embedding the lifelong learning skills you need to succeed in any career. We are committed to providing a training environment with a diversity of clinical exposures, robust educational experiences, and strong academic mentorship.
As a preeminent academic medical center, our resources are robust. If you choose our Internal Medicine Residency Program, you can:
- Experience the full spectrum of primary care in state-of-the-art interdisciplinary medical center resident clinics, Veterans’ Administration clinics, and one-on-one mentorship in attending private practice clinics.
- Care for diverse populations of patients in the inpatient settings of our tertiary care center, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, and in the community setting at High Point Medical Center.
- Gain personalized coaching in primary care internal medicine or hospital medicine. We are extremely proud of our innovative Primary Care Track and our groundbreaking Hospital Medicine Pathway.
- Work with world-class faculty mentors for all of our subspecialties.
- Contribute to creating a climate of inclusion and embracing the diversity of our residents, which are priorities for the program. We are committed to recruiting and training talented individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities.
- Take advantage of a well-established research curriculum and consider the Tinsley R. Harrison Translational Research Program or our Clinical Scholars in Informatics Pathway. Be part of a health system rated among the “most wired’’ in the country, with high-functioning EMR systems, broad access to current literature at your fingertips and cutting-edge simulation technology to learn procedural skills.
- Learn how to be an effective teacher through our Medical Education Pathway.
- Focus on global and public health through our two-year Global Health Pathway.