Our fellowship is a one-year ACGME-accredited program designed to train and mentor future leaders in Hospice and Palliative Medicine. We have two available fellowship positions each year. Our program offers diverse clinical exposure at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Brenner Children’s Hospital, Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center, Trellis Supportive Care, Hospice of the Piedmont, and Bermuda Village.
Wake Forest Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship program trains top physicians to become compassionate, clinically excellent leaders in all areas of Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Under the leadership of Dr. Rebecca Omlor, we provide a one-year ACGME-accredited clinical fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Medicine that qualifies graduates for board certification.
The primary goal of the Wake Forest Hospice and Palliative Medicine fellowship is to provide advanced training in the specialty of Hospice and Palliative Medicine serving a diverse patient population across the continuum of acute hospital care, ambulatory care, long-term care, hospice, home care and pediatrics.
Program objectives include:
- To provide a comprehensive curriculum that will prepare fellows for careers in hospice and palliative medicine.
- To train physicians in the comprehensive interdisciplinary team-based care of patients with serious illness and their family members.
- To train palliative physicians in the practice of palliative medicine in the context of Value-Based Care models.
- To train future leaders in academic hospice and palliative medicine.
- To provide an enhanced Hospice Experience with inclusion of didactics focused on increasing skills and knowledge as a hospice medical director
- To create a climate of inclusion and embrace the diversity of our fellows, which are priorities for the program. We are committed to recruiting and training talented individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities.
We hope you will consider applying to our program and joining our team!