As residents and fellows of Wake Forest University School of Medicine and an employee of Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist, you receive a range of benefits and amenities, from stipends and health insurance to access to child care and entertainment discounts. Learn more about some of these benefits below, and contact the Graduate Medical Education office if you have more questions at 336-716-6410 or email@example.com.
As residents and fellows, you receive a comprehensive benefits package, giving you several medical plan options, prescription drug coverage and an open-access dental plan, in addition to other amenities.
- Health insurance
- Vision care
- Dental plan
- Long-term disability
- Term life insurance
- Additional supplemental term life insurance
- Retirement savings account
- Complimentary access to two on-site gyms
- Free parking
- Complimentary on-call meals
- Dedicated Resident and Fellows-only lounge and workrooms
- On-call accommodations
Download a complete explanation of employee benefits and costs.
For residents and fellows with children, Winston-Salem offers many options for child care, including an on-site child care facility at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Explore the resources below to help find the right care choice for your child.
Bright Horizons Child Care Center at Wake Forest Baptist Health provides quality, flexible child care. Bright Horizons accepts children 6 weeks to 5 years old, and the cost is automatically deducted from your payroll.
Bright Horizons is:
- A 5-star childcare center, the highest rating in North Carolina
- Located on the campus of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Open Monday through Friday, 6 am–6:15 pm
Winston-Salem is home to many other child care facilities and options for your family. Explore some of the resources below to help you find the right fit for your family.
- Child Care and Educational Options Resource Guide: Download this resource guide to help you sort through many of the local resources for child care.
- Child Care Referral Program: Once you have an employee ID, you’ll have access to the Child Care Referral program, which provides information on a variety of local child care providers to help you find a good spot for your child.
- Child Care Resource Center: A private, non-profit organization that provides education, referrals and resources to promote quality child care in the local community. The organization is funded in partnership with the City of Winston-Salem, the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services and many others.
- Smart Start of Forsyth County: This organization is dedicated to helping every child in the county from birth to five years of age are prepared for success in school and life in general. Explore the page for parents to learn about some of the programs available for your young children.
- Triad Moms on Main: This online parenting resource offers a variety of resources for parents, from events and calendars to blog posts and informative topics. Sign up for the newsletter or browse the topics updated daily.
The Resident Spouse Association (RSA) is a non-profit organization that supports the spouses and significant others of Wake Forest residents and fellows. The RSA provides opportunities for social engagement and community service. The organization sponsors and organizes a variety of activities throughout the year to appeal to the needs and interests of all our members, from weekly playgroups and game nights to fitness groups and service opportunities.
Please visit the Resident Spousal Association website or the RSA Facebook page for more information. Email us at RSAwakeforest@gmail.com if you have any questions.
Fellows and residents at Wake Forest receive a competitive stipend in a region with a cost of living that’s lower than the national average. Stipends are determined by Postgraduate Year (PGY). The stipends for the 2023-2024 academic year are:
- PGY-1: $59,329
- PGY-2: $61,981
- PGY-3: $64,534
- PGY-4: $67,579
- PGY-5: $70,526
- PGY-6: $73,178
- PGY-7: $75,830
- PGY-8: $79,072
Note: PGY = Post Graduate Year