The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists offers a course in Emergencies in Clinical Obstetrics that we use at Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist, and the Center for Experiential & Applied Learning (CEAL) facilitates this training for all Birth Center doctors, nurses, and midwives. This is a two year certification and CME credit is given, upon successful completion of the course.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about registration.
The Center for Experiential and Applied Learning’s Program for Medical Ultrasound teaches the art and science of ultrasound to physicians, sonographers, and other health professionals, since our institution helped develop the innovation of teaching ultrasound, in 1975. Our scanning laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art systems from leading manufacturers. Each course is enhanced with hands-on scanning sessions to reinforce the lectures and to help our participants develop a strong and consistent scanning technique. Instructional scanning sessions include both patients and volunteers as subjects.
CEAL Ultrasound accepts applications yearly for (3) mini-fellowship positions. This opportunity is open to Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist faculty who are interested in increasing skill performance, expanding their skills in recognizing pathology using ultrasound, learning how to instruct effectively at the bedside, and gaining familiarity with the administrative infrastructure of the Point of Care Ultrasound program. The fellowship duties are bulleted below.
- Perform at least 2 scanning sessions per month with the fellowship director, sonographer, or other ultrasound faculty (8 hours per month.)
- Maintain a log of scans performed
- Complete didactic instruction via textbook reading, online lecture, or online CME programs.
- Participate in 2-hour Ultrasound Q&A sessions for a total of 6 hours.
- Participate in medical student Ultrasound sessions as an assistant instructor.
- Post fellowship commitment requiring
- Assist with two medical student labs per year
- Stay continuously involved in your departmental ultrasound program for at least 2 years (10 hours per month); and
- Serve as an assistant instructor for CEAL Ultrasound events as available and able.