CEAL and the Department of Anesthesia offer a simulation course which fulfills Part IV Simulation education course requirements of the American Board of Anesthesiology’s MOCA® course. Please consult the ABA website for a list of all MOCA® requirements. MOCA® and Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program® are registered trademarks of The American Board of Anesthesiology, Inc.
ASA Clarification of High-Fidelity Simulation Requirement under ABA MOCA 2.0
The Wake Forest School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
At the conclusion of this activity the participants should be better able to:
- Manage significant hemodynamic instability
- Evaluate and treat significant hypoxemia from multiple causes, including difficult airway management
- Discuss principles of crisis resource management and practice teamwork, communication and leadership skills
- Describe latest practice advisories and recommendations for managing critical incidents, such as malignant hyperthermia, power failure or operating room fire
- You will not be graded or tested on your performance.
- Experiential Learning: For at least one session, you will be responsible as the "primary" anesthesiologist.
- Limited course size of 2-8 participants with 2-3 instructors per course