The Neurovascular Interpretation course is designed for attendees to interpret at least 200 neurovascular ultrasound cases (100 carotid and 100 TCD studies) in a supervised environment.
Cases will be presented using video, electronic images or other hard copy results, from which attendees will create a preliminary interpretation. The findings will be discussed, and when possible, compared with the clinical reading. Some unknown cases will be reviewed and submitted for critique. Prior completion of the Neurovascular Ultrasound course (or its equivalent) including hands-on and practical interpretation experience is strongly encouraged. Basics of Neurovascular ultrasound (carotid and TCD) interpretation and clinical interpretation are covered in our Neurovascular Ultrasound course and will only be repeated in relevant to the case-based review. Attendees with no prior ultrasound knowledge or experience who need the basics of ultrasound interpretation and clinical interpretation should seek education in basics and clinical indications before this course. Neurovascular Ultrasound (Carotid and TCD) serves as a preamble to this course.
Aarti Sarwal, MD, RPNI, Director
At the conclusion of this course, the participant should be better able to:
- Describe criteria for the interpretation of carotid duplex ultrasound studies.
- Describe criteria for the interpretation of transcranial Doppler ultrasound studies.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify normal, compared to pathological findings in the extracranial (CCA, BIF, ICA, ECA and VA) and the intracranial circulation (MCA, ACA, PCA, VA and BA).
- Formulate preliminary interpretations of carotid and transcranial ultrasound examinations.
- List clinical indications for neurovascular testing, particularly as related to patients with stroke or cerebrovascular disease.
- Discuss the integrated role for neurovascular ultrasound in the management of patients with stroke or cerebrovascular disease, and potential benefits to improve patient safety and outcomes.
Upcoming course dates can be seen below.
40 hours for attending the entire week. 8 hours for attending per day.
Physicians - $2,000.00
Advance Practice Providers - $1,600.00
Medical Trainees (resident, student, fellow) - $1,200.00
(Per day fee-virtual)
Physicians - $440.00
Advance Practice Providers -$360.00
Medical Trainees (resident, student, fellow) - $280.00