The Department of Pediatrics at Wake Forest University School of Medicine is committed to:
- Research - through conducting innovative fundamental, translational and clinical pediatric research
- Education – by providing unsurpassed pediatric educational opportunities for the next generation
- Advocacy – by promoting the optimal well-being of all children locally and beyond
- Community – through engaging in community partnerships that strengthen public health
- Health – by delivering exceptional, compassionate and innovative pediatric health care for our patients and their families
Why Wake Forest / Clinical Expertise Highlights
Located in the thriving, beautiful community of Winston-Salem in northwest North Carolina, Brenner Children’s Hospital admits 4,500 children annually. In addition, more than 50,000 pediatric subspecialty visits occur annually at our outpatient clinics and over 36,000 children visit the Brenner Children’s emergency room, a level I Pediatric Trauma Center. O ur physicians include over 50 of the Best Doctors in America® and out Brenner Children’s faculty have expertise in the full range of pediatric subspecialties with a full spectrum of pediatric support, including a Critical Care Transport Team, covering air and ground, dedicated to pediatric patients.