The Comparative Pathology Lab is a fully-functional laboratory that emphasizes the diagnostic and experimental pathology of both rodent and nonhuman primate models of cancer. The lab provides pathology support to investigators for:
- Veterinary pathology consultation: Tissue selection and processing, antibody profiles, and data interpretation
- Diagnostic and experimental necropsies: Collection of fresh prospective tissue, gross and histologic exam of all tissues, tissue and slide archives
- General histology: Routine H&E and specialized stains
- IHC services: Customized antibody panels
- ISH services: RNAscope hybridization
- Courier service to Clarkson Campus
In addition to routine histology and specialized cytochemical stains, the laboratory has a large bank of approximately 50 validated immunohistochemical markers relevant to cancer.