The Tumor Tissue and Pathology Shared Resource (TTPSR) at Wake Forest Baptist Comprehensive Cancer Center (WFBCCC) consists of three well-integrated laboratories:
- Tumor Tissue Lab
- Human Pathology Lab
- Comparative Pathology Lab
The mission of the TTPSR is to facilitate translational cancer research by:
- Collecting and supplying high-quality, well-characterized human and animal tissues (neoplastic and normal)
- Providing various pathology services to WFBCCC investigators
- Collect and supply high-quality, well-characterized human and animal tissues (neoplastic and normal).
- Provide scientific and pathological expertise related to tissue collection, processing, histological and immunological staining; and evaluation to support the development of clinical protocols, grant applications and manuscripts.
- Provide pathology services for human and animal tissues for cancer investigations.
Program Key: CPC = Cancer Prevention and Control Program; CRP = Clinical Research Program; TPR = Tumor Progression and Recurrence Program; CBB = Cancer Biology and Biochemistry Program
Pandya DN, Pailloux S, Tatum D, Magda D, Wadas TJ (CBB). Di-macrocyclic terephthalamide ligands as chelators for the PET radionuclide zirconium-89. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015;51(12): 2301-3. PMC4507282.
Ghosh S, Ucer KB, D'Agostino R(CPC), Grant K, Sirintrapun J, Thomas M (TPR), Hantgan R, Bharadwaj M, Gmeiner WH (CBB). Non-Covalent Assembly of Meso-tetra-4-Pyridyl Porphine with Single-Stranded DNA to Form Nano-sized Complexes with Hydrophobicity-Dependent DNA Release and Anti-Tumor Activity. Nanomedicine. 2014;10: 451-61. PMC3946208.
Hill TK, Abdulahad A, Kelkar SS, Marini FC (TPR), Long TE, Provenzale JM, Mohs AM (CBB). Indocyanine Green-Loaded Nanoparticles for Image-Guided Tumor Surgery. Bioconjug Chem. 2015;26(2): 294-303. PMC4373659.
Mims J, Bansal N, Bharadwaj MS, Chen X, Molina AJ, Tsang AW (TPR), Furdui CM (CBB). Energy Metabolism in a Matched Model of Radiation Resistance for Head and Neck Squamous Cell Cancer. Radiat Res. 2015;183(3): 291-304. PMC4465128.
Bansal N, Mims J, Kuremsky JG, Olex AL, Zhao W, Yin L, Wani R, Qian J, Center B, Marrs GS, Porosnicu M(CRP), Fetrow JS, Tsang AW (TPR), Furdui CM (CBB). Broad phenotypic changes associated with gain of radiation resistance in head and neck squamous cell cancer. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2014;21(2):221-36. PMC4060837.
Randall LM, Manta B, Hugo M, Gil M, Batthyàny C, Trujillo M, Poole LB (CBB), Denicola A. Nitration transforms a sensitive peroxiredoxin 2 into a more active and robust peroxidase. J Biol Chem. 2014;289(22):15536-43. PMC4140909.