Limited opportunities for elective clinical year rotations are available for students from other PA programs. The clinical coordinator at the visiting student’s school must contact the Clinical Education Team at the Wake Forest PA Program in order to determine if a rotation is possible. Students should not contact preceptors independently or arrange rotations outside of the procedures outlined in the information below.
To apply for elective clinical rotations through the Wake Forest PA Program, potential visiting students should follow the procedure below.
- The visiting student’s clinical coordinator must contact the Wake Forest PA Program clinical coordinator to discuss the possibility and feasibility of the rotation.
- If the rotation is deemed as possible, the student must submit the Visiting Student Application and supporting documents:
- Application: Must be signed and dated by the visiting student and his/her school representative.
- Tuition: $400.00 non-refundable, payable by check to Wake Forest School of Medicine, sent directly to PA Studies. There is a $100.00 non-refundable fee for each additional rotation.
- Two photo IDs: Presentation of photo ID (driver’s license, school photo ID, passport)
- Academic transcript
- Letter of recommendation: Must address clinical skills and abilities from clinical coordinator in an inpatient setting.
- Proof of personal health insurance: Photocopy of provider card and policy coverage
- Proof of professional liability insurance: Certification of coverage to be provided or statement on school letterhead indicating provided limits of coverage.
- Proof of criminal background check: Must cover prior seven years, all residences/locations, felony/misdemeanor. Report must be no older than 60 days at the time of application or student must have had CBC at the time of PA school entrance and continuously remained in the program.
- Drug screen: Proof of 10 panel drug screen within the last 60 days
- Immunization forms: Completion of Wake Forest School of Medicine Immunization Form or forms which meet the approval of Wake Forest Baptist Health Employee Health, including proof of current flu vaccination
- TB test l. Proof of ACLS and BLS certification
- Once all items are received, the Wake Forest PA Clinical Education team will review the file for approval of the rotation.
- If the rotation is approved, the student and the student’s PA program will be notified. At this point it will be necessary to obtain an affiliation agreement with the visiting student’s program.
- The program coordinator at the Wake Forest PA Program will then work with the student to complete institution-required training and other compliance items prior to the rotation start date.
- The visiting student’s PA program will be responsible for obtaining all evaluations and other paperwork required by their program.