Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist and Wake Forest University School of Medicine have established guiding principles for the academic year.
Clinical rotations for learners enrolled in Wake Forest University School of Medicine degree-granting programs will be prioritized.
Limited opportunities for elective clinical year rotations are available for students from other PA programs. The clinical coordinator at the visiting student’s school must contact the Clinical Education Team at the Wake Forest PA Program in order to determine if a rotation is possible. Students should not contact preceptors independently or arrange rotations outside of the procedures outlined in the information below.
To apply for elective clinical rotations through the Wake Forest PA Program, potential visiting students should follow the procedure below.
- The visiting student’s clinical coordinator must contact the Wake Forest PA Program clinical coordinator to discuss the possibility and feasibility of the rotation.
- If the rotation is deemed as feasible, administration will ensure a valid Clinical Affiliation Agreement has been executed.
- Once a Clinical Affiliation Agreement is in place, the school coordinator must submit the Visiting Student Application and supporting documents.
- The Learner Management office will then work with the student to complete institution-required training, compliance, testing, documents, and fee collection prior to the rotation start date.
- The visiting student’s PA program will be responsible for obtaining all evaluations and other paperwork required by their program.
- Application: Must be signed and dated by the visiting student and his/her school representative.
- Tuition: $400 non-refundable fee (a separate link will be provided for online payment). There is a $100 non-refundable fee for each additional rotation.
- Two photo IDs: Presentation of photo ID (driver’s license, school photo ID, passport).
- Academic transcript.
- Letter of recommendation: Must address clinical skills and abilities from clinical coordinator in an inpatient setting.
- Proof of professional liability insurance: Certification of coverage to be provided or statement on school letterhead indicating provided limits of coverage.
- Separate link will be provided for CastleBranch access for required Criminal Background Check, Drug Screening, Immunization documentation, health insurance card, and BLS / ACLS card, at a cost to applicant of $122.
Download the Checklist (pdf)