Prospective applicants should review the following information carefully to learn about the application process. Also read the section on admission requirements.
Before contacting the Wake Forest University School of Medicine PA Program with questions, please also read the frequently asked questions to see if your questions have been answered.
Important Admission Dates for Wake Forest University School of Medicine PA Program Class of 2026
- CASPA application deadline: September 1, 2023. Early submission is highly encouraged. If you are using the Professional Transcript Entry (PTE) service through CASPA the last date you can approve your PTE is September 1, 2023.
- Supplemental application deadline: October 1, 2023
- GRE submission deadline: October 1, 2023
- Deadline to complete 1,000 hours of pre-admission healthcare experience: October 1, 2023
- Casper score distribution deadline date: October 11, 2023
- Interviews: Fall 2023
- Deadline to complete the course prerequisite requirements: December 31, 2023
- Deadline to complete bachelor's degree requirement: December 31, 2023
(Please note: dates may be subject to change.)
- CASPA application deadline: September 1, 2024. Early submission is highly encouraged.
- GRE submission deadline: October 1, 2024
- Supplemental application deadline: October 1, 2024
- Deadline to complete 1,000 hours of pre-admission healthcare experience: October 1, 2024
- Casper score distribution date: TBD
- Interviews: Fall 2024
- Deadline to complete course prerequisite requirements: December 31, 2024
- Deadline to complete bachelor's degree requirement: December 31, 2024
Submitting an Application
The Wake Forest University School of Medicine PA Program participates in the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) and subscribes to the CASPA Admissions Code of Cooperation. To qualify for entrance into the Class of 2026, the CASPA application must be complete by September 1, 2023; that is, the application must be submitted to CASPA, and all transcript, payment and two out of three required letters of reference must be received by CASPA.
Upon receipt and processing of the completed CASPA application by the Wake Forest PA Program, applicants will receive email notification directing them to a secure website for completion of the supplemental application, which will require a $100 supplemental application fee. Your supplemental application will be sent only after your verified CASPA application has been received.
The supplemental application fee may be waived for certain individuals with extenuating circumstances who are eligible for the CASPA fee waiver. Veterans and active duty U.S. military personnel are also eligible for the supplemental application fee waiver. In the payment section, simply select the option for fee waiver. Please note that military service by a spouse, significant other, or family member does not qualify for a fee waiver.
All of the following must be submitted for the application to the Wake Forest PA Program to be considered for review:
- CASPA application (all transcripts, payment, and two out of three required letters of reference must be received by CASPA)
- Wake Forest PA Program Supplemental Application
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score - GRE scores MUST be submitted through CASPA using the Wake Forest University School of Medicine PA Program code 5923.
- Casper test score
CASPer Test Results
All applicants applying to the Wake Forest University School of Medicine PA Program are required to complete the Casper test administered by Acuity Insights Assessments for the 2023-2024 admissions cycle. Casper is a 90–110-minute online evaluation which assesses for non-cognitive skills and interpersonal characteristics that we believe are important for successful students and graduates of our program. Duet is not required to apply to our program.
To complete the Casper test visit AcuityInsights.app to create an account and register to complete the Casper test. Applicants during the 2023-2024 admission cycle must take the Casper test no later than September 28, 2023, AND add Wake Forest University School of Medicine PA Program to their Casper score distribution list by October 11, 2023. Casper test must be taken during the current application year; all 2023 test dates for the PA Program are available at the Casper website.
The Casper test fee is $60 which includes distribution to one program. A $16 fee per additional distribution will apply. Acuity Insights will waive Casper test fees for individuals who are eligible for the CASPA Fee Waiver Program. To receive a Casper fee waiver, candidates must contact Acuity Insights Assessment (firstname.lastname@example.org) with proof of eligibility from the CASPA Fee Waiver Program PRIOR to registering for their Casper test date. Questions regarding Casper test fee waivers should be directed to email@example.com.
The Wake Forest University School of Medicine PA Program interviews in a rolling admission style. Due to limited interview spots, early CASPA and supplemental application submissions will be prioritized for interviews. Highly qualified applicants will be interviewed in the fall of 2023.
During interview day, candidates will have the opportunity to speak with faculty, staff and current PA students, interview with faculty, as well as participate in a mock IBL session. All interviews for the 2023-2024 admissions cycle will be conducted virtually. At the discretion of the Wake Forest University School of Medicine PA Program admissions office, applicants serving abroad with fixed duty commitments (military, Peace Corps, etc.) may be permitted to interview after the scheduled fall 2023 sessions.
Application Review, Processing and Acceptance
- You must submit a non-refundable $1,000 deposit to hold your place. This deposit includes a $35 service fee. The remaining $965 will be applied to your tuition.
- All requirements for the PA Program must be completed and verified prior to matriculation.