Prospective applicants should review the following information carefully to learn about the application process. Also read the section on admission requirements.
Before contacting the Wake Forest University School of Medicine PA Program with questions, please also read the frequently asked questions to see if your questions have been answered.
Important Admission Dates for Wake Forest University School of Medicine PA Program Class of 2025
- CASPA application deadline: September 1, 2022. Early submission is highly encouraged. If you are using the Professional Transcript Entry (PTE) service through CASPA the last date you can approve your PTE is September 1, 2022.
- Supplemental application deadline: October 1, 2022
- GRE submission deadline: October 1, 2022
- Deadline to complete 1,000 hours of pre-admission healthcare experience: October 1, 2022
- CASPer score distribution deadline date: October 12, 2022
- Interviews: Fall 2022
- Deadline to complete the course prerequisite requirements: December 31, 2022
- Deadline to complete bachelor's degree requirement: December 31, 2022
(Please note: dates may be subject to change.)
- CASPA application deadline: September 1, 2023. Early submission is highly encouraged.
- GRE submission deadline: October 1, 2023
- Supplemental application deadline: October 1, 2023
- Deadline to complete 1,000 hours of pre-admission healthcare experience: October 1, 2023
- CASPer score distribution date: TBD
- Interviews: Fall 2023
- Deadline to complete course prerequisite requirements: December 31, 2023
- Deadline to complete bachelor's degree requirement: December 31, 2023
Submitting an Application
The Wake Forest University School of Medicine PA Program participates in the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) and subscribes to the CASPA Admissions Code of Cooperation. To be considered for admission to the PA Program, applicants must submit both a completed application through CASPA and a supplemental application to the PA Program.If you are applying for admission to the Class of 2025 (entering May of 2023), your supplemental application will be sent after your verified CASPA application has been received.
All of the following must be submitted for the CASPA application to be considered complete:
- CASPA application
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores
- All transcripts
- Three reference letters
- Completed payment
When the CASPA application is complete and verified, applicants will receive instructions by email for completing the PA Program supplemental application. There is a $100 supplemental application fee.
The supplemental application fee may be waived for certain individuals with extenuating circumstances who are eligible for the CASPA fee waiver. Veterans and active duty U.S. military personnel are also eligible for the supplemental application fee waiver. In the payment section, simply select the option for fee waiver. Please note that military service by a spouse, significant other, or family member does not qualify for a fee waiver.
CASPer Test Results
Applicants during the 2022-2023 admission cycle must add Wake Forest University School of Medicine PA Program to their CASPer score distribution list by October 12, 2022 provided that you have taken the CASPer test at least two weeks prior. CASPer tests must be taken during the current application year; all 2022 test dates for PA Program are available at the CASPer website. Wake Forest University School of Medicine PA Program does not require Snapshot for the 2022-2023 admission cycle.
The CASPer test costs $40 to complete and $12 to have the results distributed to each school of your choice. A limited number of CASPer fee waivers may be available to certain individuals with extenuating circumstances who are also eligible for the CASPA fee waiver. Candidates must contact the Wake Forest University School of Medicine PA Program admissions office (email@example.com) to request a CASPer fee waiver PRIOR to registering for their test date.
The Wake Forest University School of Medicine PA Program interviews in a rolling admission style. Due to limited interview spots, early CASPA and supplemental application submissions will be prioritized for interviews. Highly qualified applicants will be interviewed in the fall of 2022.
During interview day, candidates will have the opportunity to speak with faculty, staff and current PA students, interview with faculty, as well as participate in a mock IBL session. All interviews for the 2022-2023 admissions cycle will be conducted virtually. At the discretion of the Wake Forest University School of Medicine PA Program admissions office, applicants serving abroad with fixed duty commitments (military, Peace Corps, etc.) may be permitted to interview after the scheduled fall 2022 sessions.
Application Review, Processing and Acceptance
- Admitted applicants must submit a $1,000 deposit to hold their seat in the class. This deposit is applied to tuition and is non-refundable.
- All requirements for the PA Program must be completed and verified prior to matriculation.