In addition to our excellent clinical training, we ensure our residents are well-equipped for future academic pursuits; all residents gain basic skills in advocacy, quality improvement, medical education, and clinical research and complete a mentored scholarly project in at least one of these domains.
Our pediatric residents care for a diverse and underserved patient population. At our continuity and ambulatory clinic site, 67% of patients identify as Latinx/Hispanic and 25% as African American/Black. Limited English Proficient patients account for 44%, and over 90% of patients have Medicaid.
Our program mission statement, I-REACH, reflects our values and priorities as a residency.
- Inclusion - Increase diversity of the pediatric workforce to match the diversity of pediatric patients
- Research - Conduct innovative fundamental, translation and clinical pediatric research
- Education - Provide unsurpassed pediatric educational opportunities for the next generation
- Advocacy - Promote optimal well-being of all children locally and beyond
- Community - Engage in community partnerships that strengthen public health
- Health - Deliver exceptional compassionate, and innovative pediatric health care for our patients and families