Wake Forest School of Medicine (WFSM) occupies a firm position among the best medical schools in the United States. The desire to teach excellence in clinical medicine, promote strong clinical and basic research, render exemplary patient care, and stress service to the community has continued as an integral part of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, a leading research and teaching hospital. We believe the best way to build a brighter future for health care is to invest in our students today.
The School of Medicine encompasses multiple education and training programs:
- Medical (MD)
- Wake Forest University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (MS and PhD biomedical graduate programs)
- PA (physician assistant) Studies
- Residencies and fellowships in more than 60 disciplines
At Wake Forest School of Medicine, we don’t just train doctors and researchers; we train leaders who will embrace learning throughout their careers. Our students, residents, fellows and graduate students are taught to balance science with compassion, and we cultivate in them a patient-centered perspective that will guide their daily efforts and their careers.
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center is a preeminent, internationally recognized academic medical center of the highest quality with balanced excellence in patient care, research and education.
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destinations.
- Excellence - demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Compassion - responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Service - cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Integrity - demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Diversity - honor individuality and protect the dignity of all
- Collegiality - foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Innovation - promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge