Prospective applicants should review the following information carefully to learn about the application process and open house sessions. Also read the section on admission requirements.
Before contacting the Wake Forest School of Medicine (WFSM) PA Program with questions, please also read the frequently asked questions below to see if your questions have been answered.
Important Admission Dates for WFSM PA Program Class of 2023
- CASPA application deadline: September 1, 2020. Early submission is highly encouraged.
- GRE submission and supplemental application deadline: October 1, 2020
- CASPer submission deadline date: October 1, 2020
- Deadline to complete 1,000 hours of pre-admission healthcare experience: October 1, 2020
- Interviews: Fall 2020
- Deadline to complete course prerequisites and degree requirement: December 31, 2020
- Deadline to complete degree requirement: December 31, 2020
Submitting an Application
The WFSM PA Program participates in the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) and subscribes to the CASPA Admissions Code of Cooperation. To be considered for admission to the WFSM PA Program, applicants must submit both a completed application through CASPA and a supplemental application to the WFSM PA Program. If you are applying for admission to the Class of 2023 (entering May of 2021), your supplemental application will be sent after your verified CASPA application has been received.
All of the following must be submitted for the CASPA application to be considered complete:
- CASPA application
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores
- CASPer Score
- All transcripts
- Three reference letters
- Completed payment
All materials for application except the WFSM PA Program supplemental application should be sent to CASPA.
When the CASPA application is complete and verified, applicants will receive instructions by email for completing the WFSM PA Program supplemental application. There is a $100 supplemental application fee.
The supplemental application fee may be waived for certain individuals with extenuating circumstances who are eligible for the CASPA fee waiver. Veterans and active duty U.S. military personnel are also eligible for the supplemental application fee waiver. In the payment section, simply select the option for fee waiver. Please note that military service by a spouse, significant other, or family member does not qualify for fee waiver.
The Department of PA Studies interviews in a rolling admission style. Highly qualified applicants will be interviewed in the fall of 2020. During interview day, candidates will have the opportunity to meet with faculty, staff and current PA students, interview with faculty, as well as participate in a mock IBL session. Due to the current pandemic and inherent risk of travel, all interviews for 2020/2021 season will be conducted virtually. At the discretion of the Admissions Committee, applicants serving abroad with fixed duty commitments (military, Peace Corps, etc.) may be permitted to interview after the scheduled fall 2020 sessions.
Application Review, Processing and Acceptance
- Admitted applicants must submit a $1,000 deposit to hold their seat in the class. This deposit is applied to tuition and is non-refundable.
- All requirements for the WFSM PA Program must be completed and verified prior to matriculation.