The 2021 Neurovascular Ultrasound Interpretation (December 6-10, 2021) course is being offered in-person and via Webex. Participants can choose to attend the entire week or per day and virtually or in person based on their preference.
The Neurovascular Interpretation course is designed for attendees to interpret at least 200 neurovascular ultrasound cases (100 carotid and 100 TCD studies) in a supervised environment.
Cases will be presented using video, electronic images or other hard copy results, from which attendees will create a preliminary interpretation. The findings will be discussed, and when possible, compared with the clinical reading. Some unknown cases will be reviewed and submitted for critique. Prior completion of the Neurovascular Ultrasound course (or its equivalent) including hands-on and practical interpretation experience is strongly encouraged.
Charles H. Tegeler IV, MD, Director
At the conclusion of this course, the participant should be better able to:
- Describe criteria for the interpretation of carotid duplex ultrasound studies.
- Describe criteria for the interpretation of transcranial Doppler ultrasound studies.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify normal, compared to pathological findings in the extracranial (CCA, BIF, ICA, ECA and VA) and the intracranial circulation (MCA, ACA, PCA, VA and BA).
- Formulate preliminary interpretations of carotid and transcranial ultrasound examinations.
- List clinical indications for neurovascular testing, particularly as related to patients with stroke or cerebrovascular disease.
- Discuss the integrated role for neurovascular ultrasound in the management of patients with stroke or cerebrovascular disease, and potential benefits to improve patient safety and outcomes.
Upcoming course dates can be seen below.
40 hours for attending the entire week. 8 hours for attending per day.
(Full week-in person)
Advance Practice Providers -$1,800.00
Medical Trainees (resident, student, fellow) - $1,400.00
Physicians - $2,000.00
Advance Practice Providers - $1,600.00
Medical Trainees (resident, student, fellow) - $1,200.00
(Per day fee-in person)
Physicians - $480.00
Advance Practice Providers - $400.00
Medical Trainees (resident, student, fellow) - $320.00
(Per day fee-virtual)
Physicians - $440.00
Advance Practice Providers -$360.00
Medical Trainees (resident, student, fellow) - $280.00