The mission of Women in Medicine and Science (WIMS) is to develop, promote and support a nurturing environment for women to enhance recruitment, retention, professional development, and promotion of women faculty, residents, fellows, and students. We also work to increase understanding of gender–focused medicine and women’s health. Our vision is an equitable workplace sensitive to the needs of women and families.
What We Do
WIMS has launched several initiatives to carry out its mission, some of which are:
- A mentoring program for early-career women faculty
- Early and mid-career professional development programs
- Departmental liaisons to facilitate communication between WIMS and faculty
- Implementation of a work-life balance faculty and staff survey
- Facilitation of access to resources for nursing mothers
- Review of care-giver leave policies here and at institutions like ours
- An annual day-long symposium on women’s health research
- Shadowing and internship programs for students
Early Career Development Program for Women call for applications is open through October 1. For more information, please view the flyer.