How to Apply

We are looking for hardworking residents of proven academic talent as demonstrated by high class standing, above-average national board scores, academic honors or research experience. The successful applicant usually meets several of these criteria.

We are interviewing for two residency positions.

Application Process

The American Board of Radiology requires an intern year before entry into an interventional radiology residency program. Residents are required to complete a general surgery preliminary internship (PGY-1) at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.

Students interested in pursuing the Interventional Radiology Residency program are required to apply using the applications and documents below.

Candidates who match will be notified by email of available dates to schedule an interview.


January 1, 2024

Submitting an Application

  1. Complete the ERAS application
  2. Complete your match profile on NRMP

Please note you will need to use your AAMC ID from your ERAS application to register for the NRMP.

Required Documentation

Prospective residents should submit the following documents:

  • USMLE Step I results (required) and Step 2 Score (required)
  • Curriculum vitae
  • Exchange Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates certification (if applicable)
  • Personal statement or letter of interest explaining career choice and goals
  • Three letters of recommendation to be addressed to the program director
  • Current photograph

Advanced residency placement is not available for residents from other radiology programs.

Interview Process

Applications are reviewed by the Residency Selection Committee, and interviews are offered to qualified candidates. In accordance with institutional requirements, all interviews offered this year will be conducted virtually.

Interview Dates

November 2023 - January 2024

Foreign Medical Graduates

We accept foreign medical graduates into our program. We look for well-qualified candidates and prefer applicants that have had U.S. clinical experience within the application year. If you need work authorization, our institution accepts J-1 Visas, Employment Authorization Documentation (EAD) and green cards.