Child Neurology Residency Application Process

The Child Neurology Residency at Wake Forest School of Medicine is an accredited program steeped in educational excellence and exposure to all aspects of neurologic care and research.

We offer two Child Neurology Residency position per year. The residency is a three-year categorical program that includes a PGY-1 and PGY-2 year in the Department of Pediatrics at the School of Medicine.

You are not required to apply through ERAS for your pediatric preliminary training. You will have an opportunity to meet with the program director as part of your child neurology interview schedule.

Application Process

Students interested in pursuing the Child Neurology Residency program are required to apply through the ElectronicResidency Application Service (ERAS) and register through National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) with the documents listed below.

Candidates who are selected to interview will be notified by email of available dates to schedule an interview.

Submitting an Application

  1. Complete your application through ERAS
  2. Register with the NRMP

Required Documents

As part of the ERAS process, prospective fellows will need to submit the following documentation:

  • Completed ERAS application
  • USMLE Step I, and II (Required for both MD and DO Medical Students)
  • MSPE uploaded by their school's Dean's Office
  • Medical School Transcript
  • ECGMG Certification (Foreign Medical School graduates only)
  • Personal statement or letter of interest explaining career choice and goals
  • Three letters of recommendation to be addressed to the program director
  • Current photograph (Preferred, but not required)

Interview Process

A separate interview with the Department of Pediatrics will be held on the afternoon prior to the child neurology interviews

Foreign Medical Graduates

We accept foreign medical graduates into our program. We look for well qualified candidates and prefer applicants that have had U.S. clinical experience within the application year. If you need work authorization, our institution accepts J-1 Visas, Employment Authorization Documentation (EAD) and green cards.