The Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship program at Wake Forest Univeristy School of Medicine provides training for fellows which includes both rotations and seminars to fill out a fellow's knowledge base within the field of study.
The fellowship requires several rotations at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center or Winston-Salem/Forsyth County school-based health clinics. The rotations are designed to expose fellows to various patient populations and systems of treatment.
Rotations at the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center include:
- Child guidance outpatient
- Inpatient child/adolescent psychiatry unit
- Normal development
- Pediatric neurology
Conferences and Seminars
Our child psychiatry seminars are led by full-time or community faculty.
- Child Development
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Research
- Classics Reading Course
- Consultation-liaison Seminar
- Infant Psychiatry
- Introduction to Child Psychiatry
- Knowledge-based Seminar
- Neuropsychiatry Seminar
- Psychopharmacology Seminar
- Psychotherapy Seminar
Additional learning opportunities include:
- Case conferences
- Monthly department grand rounds, held September through June