The Cardiothoracic Imaging Fellowship Program at Wake Forest School of Medicine is a one-year program that accepts one fellow per year.
Minimum qualifications for the fellowship include successful completion of a diagnostic radiology residency and the ability to obtain a license to practice medicine in North Carolina.
Prospective applicants interested in pursuing the Cardiothoracic Imaging Fellowship program are required to apply using the documents and instructions below.
Candidates who match will be notified by email of available interview dates.
Submitting an Application
- Complete the Cardiothoracic Imaging Fellowship Application.
- Send completed applications, letters of recommendation and supporting documents to Janardhana Ponnatapura, MD.
For all other questions, including requests for application materials as well as inquiries about the process, interview arrangements, or the receipt of materials, please contact Ms. Andrea Armstrong.
As part of the application process, prospective fellows will need to submit the following documents in addition to the application:
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement or letter of interest explaining career choices and goals
- Letter of recommendation from radiology residency program director
- Dean's letter from medical school
- Two additional letters of recommendation
- Photograph (optional, for identification)
- ECFMG certification (foreign medical graduates only)
Invitations for interviews will be sent by email from our fellowship coordinator. A personal interview is required unless there are exceptional circumstances. Coordination with other fellowship programs and virtual interviews can also be utilized as needed.
Foreign Medical Graduates
We accept foreign medical graduates into our program. We look for well qualified candidates and prefer applicants that have had U.S. clinical experience within the application year. International medical graduates must have completed an ACGME-accredited residency in diagnostic radiology to be considered for an interview. If you need work authorization, our institution accepts J-1 Visas, Employment Authorization Documentation (EAD) and green cards.