This 2- year program is offered asynchronously and online to accommodate busy working professionals. It is comprised of core courses, track courses and electives. The curriculum culminates in a capstone project mentored by track-specific faculty.
Leadership – For PAs who serve or aspire to serve in an array of health system roles, including clinical management, administrative, and executive leadership positions.
Research – For PAs who serve or aspire to serve in a variety of research settings (clinical, translational and/or professional) or a desire to hone research skills and increase scholarship.
Medical Education – For PAs who serve or aspire to serve in PA education by building skills in educational theory, instructional strategies, and scholarly approach to medical education.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the Doctor of Medical Science, graduates will:
- Apply principles of evidence-based practice to provide quality value-based care.
- Design innovative solutions for change in practice and policy to promote high quality, cost-effective patient centered care.
- Implement scientific evidence in practice and policy to promote high quality patient centered care and/or medical education.
- Recognize strategic leadership opportunities within organizations and healthcare systems.
- Apply ethical, legal, and economic principles to healthcare policy and professional practice.
- Develop and disseminate scholarly work reflecting the learner’s emphasis on leadership, research, or medical education.
|Core Courses||Focus Courses (Additional required elective as noted to the right)||Elective Courses|
|*required for Medical Education track | #required for Leadership Track|