The Wake Forest Master of Science program in Biomedical Science offers a pre-health pathway, ideal for students who seek to enhance their current biomedical knowledge base through the completion of graduate level coursework in a School of Medicine environment as preparatory for admission into medical (MD/DO) or physician assistant (PA) programs.
While sometimes described as a “post-baccalaureate” program, our Wake Forest program is more than that, culminating in a MS degree that is of great value to you post-graduation, regardless of your future career.
Consider some key features of the program:
- Core curriculum that mirrors significant proportions of the first year coursework in physician and physician assistant programs
- Standardized test (MCAT or GRE) preparation offered
- 4 degree options, with plans of study as short as 1 calendar year
- Provided that each program’s published criteria for secondary applications or interviewing are met, prioritization for interviews with Wake Forest MD and PA programs
- Opportunities to develop close relationships with Wake Forest University School of Medicine-based faculty
- Deep experience in helping students reach their goal, evidenced by a 89% success rate for graduates achieving admission into an MD or PA program of their choice
The program’s primary location in Innovation Quarter, alongside the Wake Forest University School of Medicine at the Bowman Gray Center for Medical Education ensures that you will have a competitive edge when applying to any medical school (MD/DO) program or PA program.
In addition to the Wake Forest University School of Medicine MD and PA programs, our graduates have enrolled in medical and physician assistant programs at Campbell University, Drexel University, Duke University, East Carolina University, George Washington University, Michigan State University, University of California at Davis, University of California at Los Angeles, University of North Carolina, University of South Carolina, West Virginia University, and Wright State University, among others.