The application cycle for the 2020 Wake Forest Medical Scholars Summer Program is now open. Apply here today.
We encourage you to apply early. Summer program slots are limited.
Specifically, the program's aim is to identify 15-20 eleventh- and twelfth-grade high school students who have an interest in a medical career and academic potential for a career in the health sciences. Activities include 20 to 25 hours of presentations, tours, clinical experiences and exposure to state-of-the-art health technology equipment used in various medical professions.
During the program, students will be able to:
- Learn about the various career opportunities within the medical specialties and sub-specialties.
- Engage in hands-on experience with state-of-the-art health technology equipment used in the medical field.
- Solidify their decision to enter a medical career field.
- Experience a learning environment which integrates school life with the adult world of work.
- Meet and interact with medical professionals and current Wake Forest School of Medicine students.
- Be a junior or senior for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Complete the application process and meet the summer program guidelines.
- Have a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
- Submit a letter of interest outlining your career goals and why you want to participate in our summer program.
- Submit the Photo Release form and Liability Waiver.