Master's in Healthcare Leadership (HCL)
In today’s complex work environment, healthcare organizations need leadership that is dynamic, diverse, and reflective of the communities in which they operate, the organizations and patients they serve, and increasingly global impact on health. Leadership development is needed to help achieve this balance.
The Wake Forest Master of Science in Healthcare Leadership (HCL) program prepares leaders for the task of quality transformations and sustainability amidst inherent challenges and change. This program provides outstanding professional development along with access to affinity groups to explore solutions to current issues and future uncertainties within healthcare industries, all within a diverse cohort of healthcare experts.
Our Healthcare Leadership Master’s program is ideal for professionals who are looking to:
- Shape the future of healthcare
- Positively impact the health of society
- Gain skills that translate to rapidly changing healthcare settings
Graduates of the program are expected to be better able to:
- Participate in and/or facilitate strategic thinking discussions and critically analyze internal and external conditions
- Create a culture of care within their organization
- Manage organizational change in implementing programs, strategy, and timely response to industry influences
- Assess and lead innovative change regarding organizational functions in areas such as finance, marketing, IT, legal/regulatory, quality, and performance management
- Leverage relational skills to draw on the extended network of peers and faculty to create transformational improvement of organizational and global health care outcomes
Master's in Clinical Research Management (CRM)
The Wake Forest University Master of Science in Clinical Research Management (CRM) program provides a holistic approach for students in clinical research. Designed for those working in or entering the clinical research field, this degree program expands participants’ knowledge of both the macro and micro aspects of the clinical research ecosystem and is focused on an overarching vision to shape and impact the future of healthcare.
Another marker of this new online program is its unique partnership with experienced industry professionals from concept through delivery, ensuring market relevancy, and a thoughtful, ready application that will shape the industry of today and tomorrow.
The primary objective of the program is to train and mentor well-qualified clinical research professionals and leaders that move the research and development process forward to advance health. Students will learn in an innovative, engaging, supportive, and interdisciplinary online environment. Graduates of the program are expected to:
- Select and apply relevant scientific knowledge and language for conducting clinical research
- Critically analyze clinical research designs
- Participate in the process of directing or partaking in effective clinical trials
- Apply relevant ethical, regulatory, healthcare industry and organizational considerations in the conduct of clinical trials.
- Lead individuals and teams using relevant management and leadership skills and knowledge
- Apply skills, innovation, and professionalism to improve care, processes, and access to research and healthcare for all