Our simulation course fulfills Part IV Simulation education course requirements of the ABA’s MOCA® course. Please consult the ABA website, for a list of all MOCA® requirements. MOCA® and Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program ® are registered trademarks of The American Board of Anesthesiology, Inc.
Each MOCA Simulation Course includes
- A minimum of six hours of total course instruction
- Active participation in realistic simulation scenarios
- Post-scenario peer debriefing
- Management of difficult patient-care scenarios
- An emphasis on teamwork and communication
- At least one opportunity to be the primary anesthesiologist-in-charge (i.e., the “hot seat”)
- Small course size of two to eight participants, with two to three instructors per course
Wake Forest University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
At the conclusion of this activity the participants should be better able to:
- Manage significant hemodynamic instability
- Evaluate and treat significant hypoxemia from multiple causes, including difficult airway management
- Discuss principles of crisis resource management and practice teamwork, communication, and leadership skills
- Describe latest practice advisories and recommendations for managing critical incidents, such as malignant hyperthermia, power failure, or operating room fire
- You will not be graded or tested on your performance.
- Experiential Learning: For at least one session, you will be responsible as the "primary" anesthesiologist.
- Limited course size of 2-8 participants with 2-3 instructors per course
- Cost per person: $1600
- Alumni Discount: $1400
- Inquire about Group discounts (minimum of 4)
The course includes continental breakfast, lunch, CME credit and educational materials.
Register Online for Upcoming 2022 MOCA® Courses