Virtual RME Course and WSCS 2022
Synchronous Delivery: RME single track sessions and WSCS sessions will held and delivered June 6 - June 10, between 8 am to 6 pm daily US EDT. A full agenda and timeline will be posted by June 1, 2022.
We will continue to enable registered attendees asynchronous access to lectures, plenary sessions, various recording and partnering resources through September 1, 2022.
The RME course provides a state-of-the-art review of various aspects of regenerative medicine (RM) addressing the fundamental principles and progress in tissue engineering and RM in recent years, including background material, key scientific components of RM, ethical, economic and other issues important to the field. The primary objective of the RME course is to provide a state-of-the-art review of various aspects of RM including background material, the key scientific components of the RM field, ethical, economic, educational, workforce and other issues important to RM as well as an opportunity to network and meet leading professionals in the field through first participating in the RME course. Participants are then able to move "beyond the essentials" as they then engage in the World Stem Cell Summit.
The RME course integrates information, technologies and skills from biological sciences, engineering, legal, commercial, regulatory, ethical disciplines. Sessions address the science behind regenerative medicine, its application to human disease and its importance to modern society. At the end of the course, participants will have received an enhanced foundation in the rules, regulations and ethics in the regenerative medicine environment, routines for first-in-man clinical trials, the practical and theoretical basis for GMP, and the ethical aspects of translational research.
Specific Learning Objectives and Competencies:
- To provide participants relevant biological, engineering, legal, regulatory and ethical foundation and principles to understand the emerging field of RM
- To become acquainted with topics from the broad spectrum that makes up RM
- To learn about the technology and technique available for RM research
- To springboard off this foundation into current, cutting-edge research
- To learn about the rules, regulatory process and ethics in RM environments and routines for clinical trials, practical and theoretical basis for GMP
- To become familiar with the current state of affairs, successes and challenges in manufacturing RM products and commercialization with introduction to workforce development considerations
Course Topics include:
- Stem Cells
- 3D Printing
- Cell Therapies
- Tissue Engineering
- Regulatory Processes and Manufacturing
- Clinical Trials & Bioethics
- Bioethics and Patient Perspectives
- Workforce Development & Diverse Career Perspectives
- Special Topics:
- Regenerative Rehabilitation
- Advancement of Sensor Integrated Organ-on-Chip Devices
- Stem Cells and the International Space Station
- Policy & Patient Advocacy
- A World Compass for Manufacturing and Marketing Cell and Gene Therapies