Created to strengthen Wake Forest's research, education and clinical missions and directed by Dr. Metin Gurcan, professor of Internal Medicine, this cross-disciplinary initiative is designed to integrate resources throughout Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center and Wake Forest University while complementing the work of other research centers, including the Wake Forest Clinical and Translational Science Institute.
- To contribute to Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist’s evolution as a learning health system;
- To foster better health across the local and national community by advancing and promoting informatics research, practice and education.
We seek to achieve our mission by pursuing the following goals:
- Catalyze: Integrate resources for research informatics across Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center and Wake Forest University, and synergistically support the informatics needs of other research centers, departments and institutes.
- Discover: Facilitate biomedical discovery across the spectrum of informatics, including bioinformatics, imaging, clinical, translational and public health informatics, and develop a portfolio of externally funded research in the area of biomedical informatics.
- Educate: Support and inspire the training of the next generation of investigators in the principles and practice of biomedical informatics.