Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist and Wake Forest University School of Medicine have established guiding principles for the Academic Year.
Clinical rotations for learners enrolled in Wake Forest University School of Medicine degree-granting programs will be prioritized. Additionally, nursing clinical rotations involving Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist employee nurses pursuing an advanced degree and current Clinical Education nursing partnerships will be prioritized.
External programs that would like to be considered for placements within Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist clinical spaces should follow the process below.
- Complete the Form: In order to meet the variety of needs from numerous programs that request placement of learners please complete the required form below.
- Evaluation of Request: All requests will be evaluated and will receive a determination made based on input from key stakeholders.
- Notification of Decision: Decisions will be made based upon our current state at the time of the request. At any time, learners may be removed from clinical experiences.
Requests submitted do not guarantee a rotation and rotations are subject to change based on the current state of the pandemic.
- Approved visiting students will need to provide COVID-19 vaccination documentation at least 2 weeks prior to beginning the rotation.
- Will adhere to current institutional policies on masking and social distancing.
- Adhere to institutional, CDC and North Carolina state guidelines.
- Self-monitor for symptoms.
- Provide information as soon as possible about exposures that may affect patients, other students, faculty or staff at Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist and/or Wake Forest University School of Medicine properties.
- Proceed as noted below for any suspected exposures.
If a learner has a suspected COVID-19 exposure:
- Learners will need to report potential workplace exposures to our Employee Health Portal and will follow the guidance of the Employee Health staff from that point forward.
If a learner is symptomatic or has tested positive for COVID-19:
- They must not report to the clinical area
- They should notify their preceptor
- They should report symptoms through the Employee Health Portal and follow the guidance of the Employee Health staff from that point forward.
Features sections on integrating trainees, preceptor and trainee responsibilities, patient communication, and teaching and learning.
Preceptor Interest Form
Features timelines, processes, contact information, and links to helpful resources.
Features sections applicable to administrators such as student integration, patient communication, and responsibilities for preceptor and trainee.