Virtual RME Course and WSCS 2021
Synchronous Delivery: RME Single track sessions and WSCS multi-track sessions will held and delivered June 14th to 18th, between 8am to 6pm daily US EDT with full agenda and timeline posted by June 1, 2021.
We will continue to enable registered attendees asynchronous access to lectures, plenary sessions, various recording and partnering resources through September 1, 2021.
The RME course provides a state-of-the-art review of various aspects of regenerative medicine (RM) addressing the fundamental principles and progress in tissue engineering and RM in recent years, including background material, key scientific components of RM, ethical, economic and other issues important to the field. The primary objective of the RME course is to provide a state-of-the-art review of various aspects of RM including background material, the key scientific components of the RM field, ethical, economic, educational, workforce and other issues important to RM as well as an opportunity to network and meet leading professionals in the field through first participating in the RME course. Participants are then able to move "beyond the essentials" as they then engage in the 18th Annual World Stem Cell Summit, held on June 17th and 18th.
The RME course integrates information, technologies and skills from biological sciences, engineering, legal, commercial, regulatory, ethical disciplines. Sessions address the science behind regenerative medicine, its application to human disease and its importance to modern society. At the end of the course, participants will have received an enhanced foundation in the rules, regulations and ethics in the regenerative medicine environment, routines for first-in-man clinical trials, the practical and theoretical basis for GMP, and the ethical aspects of translational research.
Specific Learning Objectives and Competencies:
- To provide participants relevant biological, engineering, legal, regulatory and ethical foundation and principles to understand the emerging field of RM
- To become acquainted with topics from the broad spectrum that makes up RM
- To learn about the technology and technique available for RM research
- To springboard off this foundation into current, cutting-edge research
- To learn about the rules, regulatory process and ethics in RM environments and routines for clinical trials, practical and theoretical basis for GMP
- To become familiar with the current state of affairs, successes and challenges in manufacturing RM products and commercialization with introduction to workforce development considerations