The Neurosurgery Residency program is a seven year program that accepts two applicants per year.
Applicants interested in pursing the Neurosurgery Residency program must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and register with the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Candidates who are selected to interview will be notified by email from the Program Coordinator through ERAS Scheduler of available dates to schedule an interview. Candidates will then schedule their interviews in ERAS Scheduler.
October 1, 2018
Submitting an Application
Applications are only accepted through ERAS. Please do not email CVs, LORs, etc.
As part of the ERAS process, prospective residents will need to submit the following documentation:
- Completed ERAS application
- USMLE Step I (Required for both MD and DO Medical Students)
- USMLE Step II (Not required but encouraged)
- Curriculum Vitae
- MSPE uploaded by their school's Deans Office
- Medical School Transcript
- ECGMG Certification (Foreign Medical School graduates only)
- Personal statement or letter of interest explaining career choice and goals
- Three letters of recommendation to be addressed to the program director
We interview between 40 and 45 applicants and accept two residents each year. Interviews are conducted in the fall. Invitations to interview will be extended by the Program Coordinator via ERAS Scheduler. Students interested in applying to our residency program are strongly encouraged to complete a Neurosurgery clerkship with us.