The Infectious Diseases Fellowship program at Wake Forest School of Medicine consists of a core two-year training experience.
We have six Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-approved fellowship positions, three per year.
Criteria for Applying
- Registration with the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) and completion of all necessary forms required via that organization, including the common application form
- US citizenship or a valid visa (if ongoing work authorization is required for continued training in the US, the only visa supported by WFBMC is a J1 visa)
- Graduation from an accredited medical school or osteopathic school, either in the US or abroad; if the applicant is an International Medical Graduate (IMG), he or she must have a valid and current ECFMG certification
- Prior completion of, or current enrollment in, an ACGME-approved internal medicine residency program. Prior to beginning fellowship training, the applicant will need a letter from their program director certifying successful and satisfactory completion of at least three (3) years of residency training
- At least four (4) letters of recommendation, including one from the Program Director or Chairman of the applicant's internal medicine residency program. If the applicant has previously completed training and is now in clinical practice, a letter from a current supervisor or partner will need to be submitted in addition to a letter from the prior Program Director or Chairman
- Passing scores on Step 1 and 2 (and Step 3 if already taken) or on COMLEX; those scores must be provided
- Acceptable English language skills
Applicants interested in pursing the Infectious Diseases Fellowship program must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and register with the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Candidates who match will be notified by email of available dates to schedule an interview.
Completed ERAS application should include the following:
- The ERAS common application form and accompanying photo
- Four (4) letters of recommendation
- Official medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- Current curriculum vitae
- USMLE Step 1, 2, and 3 scores and/or COMLEX scores
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
If you should have any additional questions regarding the application process, please contact Lynne Goulding, Infectious Diseases Fellowship Coordinator
August 30, 2018