As leaders in the field of athletic training, our program gives the athletic trainer new tools to bring to the orthopedic job market.
As a fellow, you will work with physicians, surgeons, athletic trainers, and other Sports Medicine team members who are among the best in the country at what they do. As a team member here, you help empower the patients who walk through our doors every day.
To advance the athletic trainer’s preparation as a provider of patient care in the specialty area of Orthopaedics and create the groundwork for athletic trainers to become a multifaceted and intricate member of the interdisciplinary health care team.
This program emphasizes a proactive approach to efficient and effective clinical management of injuries and medical conditions within a sports medicine and orthopaedic clinic environment. We seek to establish a foundation of excellence for certified athletic trainers who seek to be employed within the physician practice setting or outreach athletic training setting.
- Advance the athletic trainer's knowledge within the specialty area of Orthopaedics.
- Advance the athletic trainer's communication skills and clinical decision-making skills within Orthopaedics.
- Advance the athletic trainer’s return to play decision-making skills and practice within the outreach setting.
- To participate as part of the interdisciplinary care team, optimizing the quality of care provided to patients and the community.
- To incorporate the AT resident into the operating room environment, teach the role of surgical first assist, and pre- and post-operative patient care.
- To expose and allow the AT resident to participate in outcomes-based research within an orthopaedic setting.
|Wake Forest Baptist Health is ranked among ‘Nation’s Best Hospitals’ 25 years in a row by U.S News & World Report. Wake Forest Baptist Health, a regional health care system anchored by the 885-bed tertiary care hospital and campus in Winston-Salem, NC. Learn More about Campus and Community Life.|