Applicants will receive an email confirmation after submission of the application. Once submitted, you may continue logging into your application to submit any remaining supplemental material. Applications will not enter the review process until all material has been received and verified. As supplemental application material is received, the Application Status panel will be updated.
Applications should be fully completed and submitted by the program deadlines listed below. Supplemental material will only be processed within the first 5 business days after the application deadline. Late applications are not accepted unless you receive special permission from the graduate program director.
Applicants may apply to multiple programs by submitting a complete and separate online application, fee, and supplemental material including recommendations. All personal data, academic information, and test report data will populate in the new application.
Applicants should submit all application material by the appropriate program deadline. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible in order to allow the maximum amount of time for the review process.
|October 1||Application review begins|
|October 15||Deadline to apply for the MS in Biomedical Science for Pre-health Professions ONLY |
|November 12||Program Interviews (by invitation only)|
|January 15||Deadline to apply for the MS in Biomedical Science for Pre-health Professions ONLY|
|January 15||Application review begins|
|December 6||PhD deadline for consideration of a fully funded fellowship|
|January 15||PhD Deadline with no guarantee of funding|
|January 24-25||Interviews for Molecular and Cellular Bioscience PhD Track|
|January 24-26||Interviews for Neuroscience PhD program |
|February 1||Offer letters begin going out |
|February 21-23||Interviews for Integrative Physiology and Pharmacology PhD program |
|February 21-23||Interviews for Biomedical Engineering – VT/WFU SBES Program |
|March 1||Deadline to apply for Neuroscience Minor (5 year BS/BA-MS program for WFU students only) |
|April 15||Deadline to reply to an offer of admission for PhD program. |
If a late offer is made the reply deadline will be noted on the official offer letter.
|May 1||Final date for offer letters to be sent|
|June 1||Deadline to apply for all other master’s programs|
Early submission is also strongly encouraged for applicants to master programs to be given full consideration for financial aid.
Submitting an Application
Create a user account and begin your application. If you already have an account, log in using your current username and password. In addition to completing the online application, applicants must submit the following by the application deadline:
All of the following must be submitted through the CollegeNet to be considered:
- Completed Online Application
- Personal Statement - The statement should be at least one page in length and include information on any area of special interest within the selected program; previous experience while working or volunteering in a related field; and career plans as perceived at present. It is recommended to use font styles similar to Arial, GT Times or Times New Roman. Font size should not be smaller than 10 points, or larger than 12 points. Page margins should be 1″.
- Transcript(s) from all schools attended. (unofficial transcripts may be used for the review process)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (unless specified by program)
- Test Reports (unofficial reports may be used for the review process)
- Resume/CV (optional, unless specified by program)
- Research Statement (optional) - This statement should include your role in the research, a description of your project and any outcomes. Please include information on any presentations or papers resulting from the project.
- Application fee ($100) or fee waiver (qualified programs listed in FAQs).
The application fee is payable by credit card. Payment of the application fee (or approved application fee waiver request) is required in order to submit an application and is required with each application for admission you submit. Payment instructions are located at the end of the application process.
Application fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No fees will be refunded unless the program is cancelled.