This program offers a Master of Science and is ideal for students seeking to improve their academic foundation in the biomedical sciences, and augment their credentials for admission into Ph.D. programs in the sciences or entrance to the workforce.
All students in this degree program should select a preferred research area, regardless of their degree path, so that they can be paired with an advisor.
Areas of study include:
Available Areas of Concentration:
- Antimicrobial Stewardship and Infection Prevention
- Cancer Biology
- Integrative Physiology and Pharmacology
- Regenerative Medicine
Courses are designed to improve critical thinking skills, study skills, and enhance the student’s preparation for professional school application. Students in this program usually graduate within 12-24 months.
Four Degree Path Options:
- Thesis: 24 hours of coursework, 6 hours of research, original research project of publishable quality with written thesis and oral exam.
- Internship: minimum of 24 hours of coursework and 6 hours of research internship totaling 30 credit hours, written summary of internship experience.
- Project: minimum of 24 hours of coursework and 6 hours of research totaling 30 credit hours, written review of research topic or capstone project.
- Coursework-Only: 36 hours of coursework.