Each applicant is required to have completed a residency program in either pediatrics, family medicine, internal medicine, neurology or child neurology accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education in the U.S. or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Applicants must qualify for licensure by the North Carolina Board of Medical Examiners and must be board-eligible.
The Headache Medicine Fellowship application season will be participating in the NRMP Match. All applicants should register for the Headache Medicine Match with NRMP. Interested candidates can apply for a fellowship position by submitting the following documentation by mail or email:
- Headache Medicine Fellowship application
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Personal statement or letter of interest explaining career choice and goals
- Letter from Residency Program Director
- Two letters of recommendation from physicians whom have supervised you in a clinical setting
- USMLE or COMLEX Transcripts/Scores reports
- ECFMG Certificate (applicable to international graduates)
- Current photograph
If you are interested in applying for the fellowship position, you can contact April Edwards email@example.com or visit our webpage on the National Headache Fellowship Opportunities website to fill out an inquiry form.
Foreign Medical Graduates
Foreign medical graduates must have passed the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Gradates (ECFMG) and USMLE exams. For more information, visit the ECFMG website. We sponsor J-1 visas only, which you must have at the time of your application.