We have an unexpected 2023 - 2024 Epilepsy Fellowship position available. If you are interested in the position beginning July 1, 2023, please contact the fellowship coordinator as soon as possible. You will be asked to complete an Epilepsy Fellowship application and submit the required documents listed below.
The Epilepsy Fellowship at Wake Forest University School of Medicine is a one-year training program. For more information, please contact fellowship coordinator April Edwards.
Each applicant is required to have completed an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education-accredited residency program in neurology, child neurology or neurodevelopment disabilities in the U.S. or Canada.
Applicants must qualify for licensure by the North Carolina Board of Medical Examiners and must be board-eligible for the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
As part of the application process, prospective fellows will need to submit the following documentation:
- Personal statement or letter of interest explaining career choice and goals
- Curriculum Vitae
- USMLE/COMLEX transcript
- Copy of your ECFMG certificate if you are a foreign medical graduate
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from physicians who have service in a direct supervisory capacity
- One (1) letter of recommendation from your core Residency Program Director stating that you have successfully completed (or are on track to complete) all of the requirements of that program
- Current photograph (preferred but not required)
Not all applicants are invited for an interview, but the most competitive candidates will be invited for a formal interview. Applications will be reviewed as they become available in the ERAS system and candidates will be invited in the order they are received and reviewed.
Foreign Medical Graduates
Foreign medical graduates must have passed the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Gradates (ECFMG) and USMLE exams. For more information, visit the ECFMG website. We sponsor J-1 visas only, which you must have at the time of your application.