The VISP is open to outstanding international scientists, clinicians and physician-scientists (ranging from MS, PhD, MD and postdoctoral fellows to established senior investigators) who express strong interest in regenerative medicine research. Previous research experience in a biological or regenerative medicine laboratory is highly desirable, but not required. The Visiting Scholar designation is dependent upon individuals securing a J-1 visa.
- Must have verbal and written English fluency. Applicants whose first language is not English must submit their TOEFL or an equivalent test score or verification of this competency.
- Responsible for their own financial arrangements, including travel and housing.
- Must obtain leave from the home institution.
- Assume financial responsibility for visa processing fees.
Submitting an Application
Fall 2020 cycle information coming soon.
- VISP Application
- Full curriculum vitae
- Most recent academic transcript
- Short statement of research interests and professional goals
- Minimum of two letters of recommendation
- Up to three reprints of publications
Important Dates: 2020-2021 Deadlines
|E-Applications Open||Deadline E-Application Submission||E-notification of
April 12, 2020 - June 19, 2020
|October 15, 2019||December 15, 2019||January 15, 2020|
October 5, 2020 - December 11, 2020
|April 15, 2020||June 15, 2020||August 15, 2020|
April 12, 2021 - June 18, 2021
|October 15, 2020||December 15, 2020||January 15, 2021|