The VISP is open to outstanding international scientists, clinicians and physician-scientists (ranging from MS, PhD, MD and postdoctoral fellows to established senior investigators) who express strong interest in regenerative medicine research. Previous research experience in a biological or regenerative medicine laboratory is highly desirable, but not required. The Visiting Scholar designation is dependent upon individuals securing a J-1 visa.
- Must have verbal and written English fluency. Applicants whose first language is not English must submit their TOEFL or an equivalent test score or verification of this competency.
- Responsible for their own financial arrangements, including travel and housing.
- Must obtain leave from the home institution.
- Assume financial responsibility for visa processing fees.
Submitting an ApplicationApplications for Fall 2019 have closed. Spring 2020 cycle applications will open October 15, 2019.
- VISP Application (Fall cycle coming soon)
- Full curriculum vitae
- Most recent academic transcript
- Short statement of research interests and professional goals
- Minimum of two letters of recommendation
- Up to three reprints of publications
Important Dates: 2019-2020 Deadlines
|E-Applications Open||Deadline E-Application Submission||E-notification of
October 7, 2019-
December 13, 2019
|April 15, 2019||June 15, 2019
July 15, 2019)
|August 15, 2019|
April 12, 2020 - June 19, 2020
|October 15, 2019||December 15, 2019||January 15, 2020|