The Cellular Imaging Shared Resource (CISR) is a full-service microscopy laboratory providing access to equipment and technical support for electron, brightfield/fluorescence and confocal/multiphoton microscopy. It is available for both clinical and research purposes. This resource exists in a biomedical research environment and supports numerous institutionally based investigators whose interests encompass the breadth of both basic and clinical science.
Although the orientation is biomedical, the facility supports a wide range of research. Faculty and staff also have extensive experience in non-biomedical zoology, botany and materials science imaging.
The CISR offers:
- User training
- Consultation before and after projects
- Numerous specialized research techniques
The mission of the CISR is to provide access to:
- Advanced microscopy instruments
- Technical support for specimen preparation
- Scientific guidance in planning and applying advanced microscopy techniques