Becoming a member facilitates collaboration with other cancer-focused researchers throughout the Medical Center and provides access and subsidies to shared resource facilities.
Listed below are three pieces we need for your membership application to be considered by the Cancer Center Internal Advisory Board:
- Your complete CV as a Microsoft Word document.
- A one-page description of your cancer-focused research interest(s), also in MS Word, including any cancer-focused publications related to your current interests (Sample description of research interests).
- Your NIH Biosketch (current format using My NCBI) in MS Word.
We will use the above information in several ways:
- For Internal Advisory Board review of your membership application
- To aid in fostering collaboration among researchers with similar interests
- For production of our Cancer Center Scientific Report
- To update of our membership biosketch notebook
To become a member, you have to be actively (or plan to be) involved in cancer research (basic, clinical or population) with current cancer-related federal funding or the anticipation of such within the first three years of membership, or be a clinician actively engaged in the design of investigator-initiated protocols and have sought funding for these trial(s).Please send this information as an email attachment to Rebecca H. Rankin, Director of Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also give her a call with any questions at 336-716-5689.