The Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical Neuropsychology at Wake Forest School of Medicine is a two-year training program. We anticipate 1 adult and 1 lifespan opening for a 2 year fellowship consistent with Houston Conference guidelines. This program participates in the APPCN Match, and adheres to all pertinent rules and procedures associated with the match.
Requirements include prior neuroscience courses, APA or CPA approved internship with a strong emphasis on neuropsychology, commitment to clinical research, and completion of doctoral requirements. Prior to appointment as a postdoctoral fellow, individuals must provide evidence of completion of all requirements for the doctoral degree from a regionally accredited university or professional school program, including completion of an APA or CPA accredited internship training; official transcript, copy of diploma or official letter from the Department Chair or Graduate Advisor will be acceptable. Postdoctoral fellows are appointed to full time positions for one year, renewable for an additional year. A total of 2000 hours of training are provided in each year, exceeding the postgraduate hours required for licensure in North Carolina.
Submitting an Application
We are a member of Association of Postdoctoral Programs in Clinical Neuropsychology (APPCN) and participate in the APPCN Resident Matching Program. Our Match Number is 9011. The following should be emailed as a single document to April Edwards, Fellowship Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the required documents below.
- Complete your match profile on APPCN Match profile.
As part of the application process, prospective fellows will need to submit the following documents:
- Completed application cover page
- Personal Statement of experience, goals, and interests: Provide a 1-2 page maximum letter describing your clinical and research experiences and interests, fellowship objectives, and career goals.
- Current curriculum vitae
- Names of three references with their affiliation and e-mail address.
- Three sample reports with identifying information eliminated, reflecting a breadth of clinical experience.
- Up to three recently published articles, abstracts, or preprints (if available).
- Three letters of recommendation, at least one of which is from your current supervisor/internship director, should be emailed directly by them to April Edwards at: email@example.com
- Official graduate transcripts.
Please have institutions mail or electronically send your official graduate transcripts directly to:
Neuropsychology Fellowship Coordinator
Wake Forest School of Medicine
Department of Neurology
Medical Center Boulevard
Winston-Salem, NC 27157
Interviews will be held in February at the International Neuropsychological Society (INS) Meeting in Denver , CO. Candidates who cannot attend will be offered “Skype” interviews.