Fellows can expect to be exposed to a variety of disorders and treatments through neuromuscular clinical rotations, research, and conferences.
Training comprises instruction in and exposure to:
- NM Disorders
- Nerve Conductive Study, Electromyogram and Neuromuscular Ultrasound
- Specific Procedures including Chemodenervation
- UHC Needle Muscle Biopsy
- Intraepidermal Nerve Fibers Skin Biopsy
- Autonomic Testing
- Single-fiber EMG
In addition to general Neuromuscular clinics, fellows attend multi-disciplinary ALS and MDA clinics and consult on NM inpatients, eventually seeing them in follow-up in their own continuity clinic. Elective time can also be used for research projects that are overseen by NM faculty members.
- Chemodenervation Sessions
- Movement Disorder Clinic
- Pain Management
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Fellows can pursue their subspecialty interests through various research opportunities and clinical trials.
Conferences and Didactics
- EMG Case Conference
- Neuromuscular Pathology Conferences
- Neuromuscular Medicine Lecture Series
- Neuromuscular Journal Club
- Neuromuscular Quality/Research Conferences
- Epilepsy/Clinical Neurophysiology Lecture Series
- Neurology Grand Rounds