We accept applications for the Wake Forest School of Medicine Forensic Pathology Fellowship from MDs and DOs who will have valid medical licensure in North Carolina by the start of their fellowship year.
Fellows are expected to receive appointment as a county medical examiner and designated pathologist by the North Carolina Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME).
Applicants interested in pursing the Forensic Pathology Fellowship program must submit an application via email to program director Jerri L. McLemore, MD
Candidates who match will be notified by mail of available dates to schedule an interview.
September 30, 2020
Submitting an Application
Applicants must provide the following documentation:
- Completed application
- Curriculum vitae
- Exchange Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates certification (if applicable)
- Personal statement or letter of interest explaining career choice and goals
- Three letters of recommendation to be addressed to the program director
- Current photograph
- At least two years experience in anatomic pathology in an accredited residency program.
- Acceptance as a resident in the pathology department.
- Competence in the English language.
- Availability for night and weekend calls.
- Ability to spend one unbroken year in the program.
- Ability to meet the requirements of the American Board of Pathology for examination in forensic pathology at the end of the year.
- Ability to perform an uncomplicated postmortem examination, gross dissection and diagnosis in two hours' time.