The Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Fellowship program at Wake Forest School of Medicine is a 12-month training program. We offer two Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-accredited fellowship positions through the Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Fellowship Match.
Students interested in pursuing the fellowship program are required to apply through the San Francisco (SF) Match with the documents listed below. Candidates who match will be notified by email of available dates to schedule an interview.
Application dates are posted at San Francisco Match.
Submitting an Application
Complete your application through San Francisco Match.
Prospective fellows should submit the following documents:
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step I, II and III scores
- Curriculum vitae
- Exchange Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certification (if applicable)
- Personal statement or letter of interest explaining career choice and goals
- Three letters of recommendation to be addressed to the program director
- Current photograph
- Eligibility for North Carolina medical license
- American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA) certification or eligibility
- Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Fellows who’d like to pursue external moonlighting will require an independent Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) number as well as full North Carolina medical licensure. A criminal background check will be performed during the NC licensure process.
Invitations for interviews will be sent by email from our fellowship coordinator.
Foreign Medical Graduates
We accept foreign medical graduates into our program. We look for well-qualified candidates and prefer applicants who have had U.S. clinical experience within the application year. If you need work authorization, our institution accepts J-1 Visas, Employment Authorization Documentation (EAD) and green cards.