The Department of Radiology at Wake Forest School of Medicine offers a one-year breast imaging fellowship starting July 1 and ending June 30 of the following year. We are currently accepting applications for 2 breast imaging fellowship positions for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Our program participates in the Breast Imaging Fellowship Match administered by the National Residency Match Program (NRMP). Minimum qualifications for the fellowship include successful completion of a diagnostic radiology residency and ability to obtain a license to practice medicine in North Carolina. Please consult the NRMP website for the match timeline and details.
Candidates will be notified by email of available interview dates.
Submitting an Application
As part of the application process, prospective fellows will need to submit the following documents:
- Completed Fellowship Application
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement or letter of interest explaining career choice and goals
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from the radiology residency program director
- Dean's letter from medical school
- USMLE Step I, II, and III scores / Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMLEX) scores
- Exchange Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates certification (if applicable)
- Photograph (optional, for identification)
All questions and documents should be sent by email to Ms. Rebecca Miller.
Invitations for interviews will be sent by email from our fellowship coordinator. A personal interview is required unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Interviews will begin in January and are offered on multiple days.
Foreign Medical Graduates
We accept foreign medical graduates into our program. We look for well-qualified candidates and prefer applicants that have had U.S. clinical experience within the application year. International medical graduates must have completed an ACGME-accredited residency in Diagnostic Radiology to be considered for an interview. If you need work authorization, our institution accepts J-1 Visas, Employment Authorization Documentation (EAD) and green cards.