Prospective applicants for the Abdominal Imaging Fellowship program are required to utilize the instructions and documents below.
The current application cycle is for the academic year 2023-2024.
We have filled all positions for the 2022-23 class.
Wake Forest is participating in accordance with guidelines developed by the Society of Chairs of Academic Radiology (SCARD) and advocated by the Society of Abdominal Radiology (SAR).
Applications to the program will be accepted for review beginning August 1, 2021.
Radiology residents who want to begin a fellowship immediately following the completion of their residency should apply starting in mid-July of their third year of radiology residency.
- Current radiology resident in good standing in their 3rd or 4th year of training.
- Current radiology fellow in a training program not related to abdominal imaging.
- Successful graduate of a US radiology residency within the past 10 years.
- Ability to obtain a license to practice medicine in North Carolina.
Submitting an Application
- Complete and upload Abdominal Imaging Fellowship Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal statement communicating career choice and goals
- Up-to-date USMLE and/or COMLEX transcript.
- Exchange Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates certification (if applicable).
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, addressed to the program director. (For trainees, one of these should be from their current residency program director.)
- Current photograph.
- Send all materials and any questions regarding the application process to the program coordinator.
Candidates will be notified by the program coordinator to arrange an interview. At this time, the expectation is that this will be conducted via teleconference. The first available date will be November 1, 2021.
International Medical Graduates
We consider well-qualified individuals who have preferably had some clinical experience in the United States. Candidates must have completed an ACGME-accredited or equivalent residency training program in diagnostic radiology. Our institution accepts J-1 Visa, Employment Authorization Documentation (EAD), and Green Card holders.