We have state-of-the-art facilities available for fellows in our Wake Forest School of Medicine Nephrology Fellowship Program, including both clinical and academic offices to help diagnose and treat kidney disease.
Through our clinical facilities, we’re able to provide:
- Continuous renal replacement therapy
- Inpatient hemodialysis
- Outpatient renal ultrasound
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Renal and pancreas transplantation
- Renal biopsies
- Tenckhoff catheter placement
- Treatment of arteriovenous fistula
In addition, the interventional radiology program is available to assist with dialysis access management.
The nephrology section also includes offices for faculty and fellows, as well as a sectional library/multipurpose conference room. Each office includes computer terminals that provide convenient access to:
- CD-ROM-based nephrology textbooks
- Laboratory tests
- Medline for computer-assisted literature searches
- Patient records
Faculty and fellows can also access software that provides the most up-to-date information in clinical nephrology.