At Wake Forest School of Medicine’s Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation – we are proud to support community athletic training programs and events by providing coverage at the following events and teams. We are committed to producing and fostering physicians and trainees who serve and give back. Many of our trainees spend time on the sidelines providing community outreach.
For questions related to our program or ATC fellowship please contact Christopher Ina.
Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Certified Athletic Trainers' knowledge base includes:
- Valuation and assessment of musculoskeletal injuries and athletic-related illness
- Recognition and evaluation of head injuries & concussions
- Acute/emergency or on-field care of injuries
- Rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries
- Risk management and injury prevention
- General medical conditions and disabilities
- Health and wellness issues
- Nutritional counseling
- Develop and implement comprehensive emergency action plans for when serious injuries occur