I am a pediatric hospitalist at Brenner Children's Hospital and an assistant professor of pediatrics at Wake Forest School of Medicine. I have a particular clinical interest in Kawasaki disease and have lectured nationally on the topic. My other passion is medical education, and I serve as assistant program director for the Wake Forest Pediatrics residency program.
- BA, Vanderbilt University, 2005
- MD, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 2009
- Pediatrics, Northwestern University Medical Center-Cook County, 2012
- Assistant Professor, Pediatrics
- Departments and Affiliations
- A 3-Week-Old With an Isolated "Blueberry Muffin" Rash. Darby JB, Valentine G, Hillier K, Hunt R, Healy CM, Smith V, Allen-Rhoades W. Pediatrics. 2017 Jul; 140(1)
- Management of Complicated Pneumonia in Childhood: A Review of Recent Literature. Darby JB, Singh A, Quinonez R. Rev Recent Clin Trials. 2017; 12(4):253-259.
- A theory-informed, process-oriented Resident Scholarship Program. Thammasitboon S, Darby JB, Hair AB, Rose KM, Ward MA, Turner TL, Balmer DF. Med Educ Online. 2016; 21:31021.
- A Case of an 11-year-old With Cough, Diarrhea, and Findings of Concern in His Lungs and Spleen. Darby JB, Rees CA, Bocchini CE, Cruz AT, Kellermayer R, Finegold MJ, Barlow SE. Pediatrics. 2016 Mar; 137(3):e20150155.
- A 2-year-old with 4 weeks of daily fever. Darby JB, Liddell L, DeGuzman M, McClain KL, Rubenstein J, Chase L, Marquez L. Pediatrics. 2015 May; 135(5):902-8.